Friday, July 6, 2012

Summer Vacay - Day 8: Spray Park

Today we cooled off with some friends at the Gyro Spray Park on the West side. I haven't been over there for a few years but it was just as fun as I remembered. It wasn't too busy either, or I guess not as busy as I thought it would be. As soon as we got there the kids took off running into the water. I don't think that they realized how cold the water was going to be because the first time there was no hesitation.
BraydThe Girls
Once they were wet and cooled off it seemed they became way more concerned about the water and proceeded with caution and anxious giggles.
Cool TrioAlmost Halfway

Water ButtOnce they got real good and wet they joined me on the grass for a chance to warm up. The sun was hot and it never seemed to take too long before they were warm enough to go and get wet again. Maddy was the most reserved about the whole thing but she seems to do better in smaller numbers so that's not out of the ordinary for her. Brayden and Sydney were running from one part to another while Maddy tried to keep up close behind but trying to stay out of the water. I'm not too sure how you run around in a spray park and expect to stay dry but she seemed to do a decent job at it. I wasn't too sure what she thought about the whole experience but as we were walking back to the van I asked her "Did you have a good time in the water?"
"Yes mommy, can we do it again?" she asked.
Sometimes that little girl really surprises me.

Crab WalkTesting the TemperatureJumping Right In

1 comment:

  1. Cute pic of Maddy getting sprayed. I wonder how many kids trip on the concrete.

    PS. Love how the flip flops match Syd's suit. (no big deal)

    ReplyDelete