Monday, July 30, 2012

Summer Vacay - Day 32: Angry Birds

Todays activity was so much fun. It took up almost 3 hours of purely playing together. We started by making our players. Each kid made an angry and a pig. Is everyone familiar with the game Angry Birds? I'm not so much but my kids play it on the iPad at times and have seen Ryan attempt to do his thing. As far as my understanding goes, you try to knock over structures by launching angry birds at pigs. So each of them made their pig and angry bird using a glue gun, googly eyes, felt and pom poms. Once they were completed they each modelled them for the camera:
SydneyBraydenMadison
Putting our animals aside momentarily we took some dixie cups and built a simple tower and started there. It didn't take too long until their ambitions grew and Brayden had to use every single dixie cup we had. I think the tower was taller then Madison and they giggled in anticipation as they carefully placed the pigs on the tower. Once all pigs were placed, Brayden launched his Angry Bird and watched his empire crumble to the ground.
Starting SmallAmbitiousSuccess
I can not tell you how many times they told me how much fun they were having and they thought it was "SO AWESOME." Once they were finished and I forced them to quit so we could go out and get some groceries they very carefully placed their pigs and birds in ziplocks so they can play with them again tomorrow. I would totally recommend this for anyone. All three my kids loved it although Maddy focused more on creating homes for her cute cuddly friends and the older two were all about the destruction angle, it was great fun.

1 comment:

  1. Madison kills me in these photos. Syd looks so big... what a good picture. And this is the best game, ever, btw!! Awesome work.

    ReplyDelete