Saturday, July 7, 2012

Did We Miss Anything Today?

This morning was the Coaldale Candy Parade! The kids were pretty excited since the name pretty much says it all! We arrived and quickly found our spots along with the rest of the crew. We pretty much took up the whole block which meant we cleaned up candy wise. Top perk for the kids was the candy. Top perks for me was the parade finally starting with the new cop motorbikes and of course the Sunny South Insulators Float which was man handled by non other then the fave uncle of the year!
New Cop BikesSunny South

My GirlsAfter the parade everyone made their way back to Ry's parents place for some good food and time to run wild with cousins. I got to shoot my first real bow and missed the target significantly both times and then had my 7 year old nephew show me how it's really done. After a few good hours of running wild we dragged the kids home so we could have the missionaries from church over for a visit and of course, food. As if our day wasn't busy enough starting with the Dragon Boat Festival, we had more to see. We went for a nice family walk after dinner and finished the night at the Outdoor Market that's being held in the Enmax parking lot each weekend throughout the summer. They had a free bouncy castle set up where we ditched the kids while we sauntered over to the Philippine Foods booth and snagged us a little dessert and picked up some fresh BC cherries and headed home. Such a busy day, I really hope the kids sleep well tonight because I won't be waking up for anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment