Thursday, July 19, 2012

Summer Vacay - Day 21: Water Blob

Have you seen the water blob on Pinterest? I have and I totally re-pinned it thinking that is was something that I really wanted to try with the kids this summer. All I needed was a roll of plastic and some duct tape. Simple right? Well, sort of. I got all the plastic ready, folded it and was ready to tape and then I thought to myself "How am I going to tape all this?" It was a little bit of a time consuming activity getting it all taped but the kids just ran across the street and played with the neighbours while I got right to it. After it was taped up (I left one corner open for the hose) I shoved the garden hose in there and filled it up, dried off the corner to finish taping and let the kids take those first steps on The Water Blob.
Filling UpFirst Jump
Once the 5 seconds it took for the kids to deem it safe they went wild! They were jumping, sliding, cartwheeling, doing handstands and just laying down trying to see how it felt to do it on a big blob of water. I have to say that watching the kids play on it made me kind of wish I had a water bed.... what ever happened to those? You never see them anymore and they were pretty 80's-tastic weren't they?
Cartwheels!Rest Time

No comments:

Post a Comment