Friday, February 19, 2010

Hair Rebonding

So living in a humid climate can really suck when you have a slight curl which causes frizz when worn straight and not enough curl to get a good bounce when left alone. I have tried many different types of hair products, gels, shampoo's, conditioners and I just couldn't get my hair to stay straight. Every time I went outside the moisture would frizz it up all nice and ugly. I decided that I would try hair rebonding. It's a chemical treatment that you apply to your hair that permanently changes the natural hair structure into something straight, shiny and sleek. A friend of mine referred me to her sister who used to work for a Philippine wide salon chain until she became a mom. Now she does the rebonding on her own time and she came to my home so I didn't have to find a sitter. The whole procedure took 6 hours! Could you imagine sitting in a salon chair for 6 hours, awful. First she applied the cream that changes the hair's structure, we rinsed it out after a while and she spent so much time ironing my hair to make sure every strand was perfectly straight. Then Shirley put in a cellophane treatment to treat my hair and give it some protection followed by a hair spa treatment.
So off she left me reminding me not to get my hair wet for a couple of days and to not put anything in my hair that would leave a kink (hair elastic or band) for 2 weeks. Well today was the true test.... shower day. I finally was able to get my hair wet and see if all that time was worth the effort! I got out of the shower, towel dried my hair, brushed it and let it dry.... to..... PERFECTION!

If any of you are here in the Bacolod and want someone who knows what they are doing for less then the salon fee let me know and I can let you know how to get in contact with Shirley. Like I said, she came to my home so I could watch my kids and have something to do while she worked her magic :D Thanks Shirley!

4 comments:

  1. look at you with supa straight hair!! love it.. i can't believe how long it is. glad you are on blogspot so i can keep more up to date with you since i have abandoned facebook games ;)
    WELCOME BACK GIRL!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow your hair looks amazing!!! I had no idea that kind of process even existed! Looks like you guys are having a good time over there. All of your pictures are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great! I have what I call the "white trash wave" myself, so I'm totally jealous...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I'm new here in Bacolod and I'm having a hard time where to find the best rebounding salon. Can I have the contact number of ms. Shirley? Hope to hear from u xoxo

    ReplyDelete