Thursday, February 18, 2010

New Year = New House

The New HouseSo after some A LOT of thought, discussion and compromise we decided to move back to the Philippines. Thankfully one of the biggest factors in us returning to Bacolod was that another adventurous family moved with us to join us. How great is that!?
So after the flight of death (seriously even with amazing well behaved children it still nearly killed me) we arrived to the warm familiar air of Bacolod, Philippines. As I mentioned all 3 kids were so well behaved on the trip and it only took a couple days until all of them were on a normal night/day routine and sleeping like angels. We settled really quickly into our new house which is a subdivision we were in before so the area is familiar and we have friends close by. The house is so great. Ryan picked it out when he was here in November so all credit needs to go 'the man.' Lot's of room so when people come to visit us (hint hint) they'll have their own space, the yard is a good size and the Jarman family (the family that joined us) is only a block away which has a path cut right through the empty lot separating us. Also another bonus is that we finally got some tint put on our vehicle so I can drive around like a maniac and no one will know it's that crazy white lady! YAY for me.


Now here we are right back into the swing of things. Ryan is constantly climbing up tree's chopping down coconuts for us to snack on, the kids are incredibly happy to be able to play outside everyday chasing stray cats and finding squished frogs all over the roads (so gross I know, but it's true). We are back into our 'home' ward (our location in the city determines the building and time in which we meet for church and we call that placement our 'ward') here in Bacolod and they are sure keeping us busy with the youth which we love!
It's amazing how quickly it felt like we never left, it surprised me at how quickly our house felt like home and the comfort I immediately felt in being back. Not that I don't love my home in Canada, but for now I'm totally OK with Bacolod being my home and I welcome it and the challenges it is going to bring us. I guess it's that calm reassurance that I know we are where we need to be for the moment, the knowledge it will be amazing and extremely difficult but knowing I'm ready for it.


So 2010.... let's see what is in store for the Beattie Gang!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! I'm glad that you've found an arrangement that you're comfortable with and are settled. Maybe we will have to visit the Philippines sometime... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! We are too are moving in our new house in bacolod city!

    ReplyDelete