Thursday, March 10, 2011

What Comes First; The Chicken or the Egg?

PeepsThe kids and I were eating eggs for breakfast yesterday morning and chatting about all the random thoughts that fill a kids mind early in the morning. Brayden starts poking at his egg and asks if the yellow part is cheese. I tell him no and he continues to poke until he asks "well, what is it then?" Both he and Sydney look at me waiting to hear my answer.
"It's the chick." Sydney starts gagging. No joke. Gagging. I seriously didn't know to laugh or run and grab a bucket for her to spew into. Sydney still had half of her second egg to finish, Maddy and I were the only ones already finished. Brayden just continues eating away completely satisfied with my response. Sydney then is the one that starts poking at her egg. Her lip is curled up in disgust as she tries to swallow what was in her mouth.
I quickly try to save breakfast by explaining that it's just chicken, no different then what we ate for dinner last night ... just babies. She still pokes away not putting anything into her mouth. Finally she asks "can the chicken feel this?" as she's literally poking her egg with her fingers.
"No Sydney, it can't. It's just our food, it's not alive." (or is it?). She slowly becomes distracted by Brayden's next random thought and picks up her fork and finishes her breakfast. *sigh of relief* My guess is eggs won't be what we're eating today!

3 comments:

  1. Haha. That's funny. I never thought of the yellow part as a chick more as a chicken placenta, which is not much better. Kids make life so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you have the perfect photo for that post!! AND I love that she literally was gagging.

    PS. No, it's not alive... unless you think that if you keep them in your fridge long enough they'll eventually hatch? Then you're just silly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Sydney , eggs usually make me gag too!

    ReplyDelete