Thursday, March 3, 2011

Happy Birthday Madison!

piñata FunYesterday Madison turned 2 years old. Yay. I wanted to something fun for her and the other kids without having a huge party and feeding tons of people. Maddy kind of freezes up when there are a lot of people or unfamiliar faces and the last thing I wanted to do was freak her out at her own party. We decided to go with some pizza and sushi for grub which was so easy. I also stuffed this Hello Kitty piñata so full that I burst it at the seam (oops) but you can never have too much candy, can you!? I was a little nervous about the whole beating of the kitty because Maddy just LOVES cats. By far her favorite animal. As you can see from the picture she was not impressed. She like the kitty but she did not want to hurt it. Thankfully once the candy started to spill out of it she figured out it wasn't so bad but she still didn't want to whack it. Getting into That Piñata SpiritShe opened her presents and seemed a little unimpressed at first with everything we got her until she opened a little doll stroller from the Jarmans. "WOW" she said and actually put her piñata candy down and started walking around pushing her little stuffed kitties around the house. We got pretty much the same amount of enthusiasm about the cake as we did with the presents. She wasn't too impressed with it. Or maybe she was but she was a little angry at me because I was forcing her to blow out the candles before I would let her take the little cat figurines off the cake. Once she even got a piece of cake she barely touched it. She just sat there playing with the little cat's that were on top of her cake.

Just Give Me The ToymmMMmm Cake
I pretty much threw her a party for Brayden and Sydney to enjoy, or that's how it felt at the end of the night. It was fun though. The kids did love it. We played with glow sticks when the sun started going down which is alway a big hit around our house.
Glow SticksHearts
So I just wanted to finish by telling you all the wonderful things about Madison and why we love her so dang much:
Her facial expressions are almost always over the top
She performs for us when she knows we are watching her
She is always screaming "MOM" every minute so that I can have a play by play of her activities. She is not satisfied until I have acknowledged her and what is going on (kind of annoying when I'm trying to pee)
She loves us even though we are crazy
She has a blankie that she adores and she's the first of my kids to have chosen a blanket I made to be THE blankie
She loves to swim
She will never ever let herself be left behind. She does her very best to keep up with Brayden and Sydney
She has an intense love for animals ... intense
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MADISON MOFFAT BEATTIE
Birthday Dress and Backpack

3 comments:

  1. They seriously grow up wayyyyy too fast!
    Those tea light candles look so familiar, haha..
    Happy Birthday to Madison!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Happy Birthday, Madison! I'm glad that the pinata was a semi-hit. I didn't think that she may find it disturbing hitting the kitty... good thing she got over it!
    She reminds me of Cindy Loo-Who or however you spell it with her giant eyes and big-little cheeks. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like the party was a success. The fact that you knew the kitties were going to be the favorite part is proof that she had fun. It's all about what the mom knows. Good job Meghan

    ReplyDelete