Monday, June 27, 2011

A Woman of Inspiration

In my blog I don't really get into my personal life to much. I tend to keep it light and positive and not get into the trials and tribulations. Mostly because our trials are our own and because we are so blessed that even when the rough comes our way I have so much in my life to be thankful for.

Well lately I have been really worrying about family in Canada. I have a nephew named Parker Seely (click on his name and here to read a little about his journey). He's been through so much in his two years I can't imagine what it's been like for his family. He and my Madison are only 1 week apart in age. Just a little over a year ago Parker had a heart transplant. Thankfully his body responded and didn't reject the heart but for the past 4 weeks (and for days/weeks in between his transplant and this year) he has been living at the Alberta Children's Hospital waiting for some type of diagnosis. During those four weeks his electrolyte levels have been low and somewhat stabilized, his magnesium levels were dramatically low and now his white cell count is at zero (I think, if not zero then super low). They have no idea how to treat him because they have no idea what is wrong with him. Just yesterday they did some tests in his intestine and his bone marrow so hopefully this will be able to give the doctors some insight into the problems. So from across the world here we are praying and worrying about Parker and waiting for the little news Jessica finds out as time goes by.

Jessica. She is the toughest most inspiring person I know. I can't even say I've watched her go through this because I really haven't. I've just been too far away. I don't think I could handle this situation with the strength and courage that she has shown. Her family has been separated while waiting for Parker's birth which had to take place in Edmonton, while they waited in Edmonton for months for a heart and now for the past 4 weeks while she and Parker have been in Calgary and her husband and boys have been in Lethbridge. How they make it work is beyond me. You do what you have to do I guess but to do it with such strength and positive attitude is Jessica. To watch your boy and not know what is wrong, to not get any answers from the doctors and to be away from the rest of your family is my biggest fear. Jessica reminds me of what a mother's love for her child is. She reminds me of the sacrifice a woman is willing to make for her family. She reminds me of the faith a mother has in the face of adversity and trail and that even when faced with these things faith can grow. She humbles me and makes me so thankful that I have her example in my life. It reminds me of my many blessings and that my trials are my own, designed for me. I see what I think are little miracles with this boy and it increases my faith. So although I have no idea why Parker, why Jessica and Jim, I know that everything will be ok in the end and I know that she is one of the few women I know that is strong enough to go through this and have her marriage strengthened, her testimony stronger, her children more united and just as warm as before.

I have an amazing family. I have amazing in-laws. I love them all. I am so blessed for all their examples but Jessica is one in a million.

So being across the world with nothing to offer but prayers I'm asking you at this time to offer your prayers for my nephew and for his doctors that they will be able to figure out what is going on so they can treat him and Parker and his family can be a family again. This is all I can do for them right now, ask for your prayers.
Jess and Her Boys

1 comment: