Wednesday, June 1, 2011

WOW! Negros

Our RouteOf course when you go on holiday the time comes when you have to return home. Bummer. Tuesday morning we packed up and took the boat back to Negros Island. We followed the Eastern coastline north before turning inward towards Bacolod. I love Negros Island! I think it is the most beautiful place. It's so re-energizing driving through it and reminding myself of how breath taking the earth is. Negros Island has it all! We pretty much covered most of the island on our trip. Our way from Bacolod to Siquijor is red and the route we took home is blue. The red is faster by about 45 minutes but the blue is way more breath taking! Also being able to take two different roads breaks the drives up a bit so they aren't so boring. SO, Negros Island. Here is a glimpse into the island we've spent the last 4 1/2 years on and all pictures I took on our way home from Siquijor.


Amazing rice terraces:
Rice TerraceRice Terraces
Spectacular views from the mountain tops:
Lost white sand beaches lurking along the coastline:
Hidden BeachBeach House
People using their livestocks with the vibrant greens int he background:
And of course piling as much as they can on their vehicles whether it be supplies or people:
Full JeepneyGot Charcoal?
I think one of the best parts of getting out of the city and into the mountains is the lack of people. Bacolod is about the size of Lethbridge but with 300% more people. It's so heavily populated there is always traffic, long lines at the grocery or when you just want to roll down the window and take a quick picture there is usually a head that pops up in the way. I love being away where it's quiet and peaceful, where I can quickly snap photo's like these without trying to dodge the crowds:
CemeteryRiverbed
I love Canada. I really truly think it's the most beautiful place I've been with the clear oceans, Rocky Mountains, Shushwaps and golden fields. After being in the Philippines when we go home I'm in awe of Canada. BUT if I'm not going to be in Canada, being on Negros Island is a close second.

1 comment:

  1. I am SERIOUS here Meghan, you should print a coffee table book of the Philippines. Or write a book, or something.

    ReplyDelete