Sunday, June 12, 2011

Meatless Bacon!?

Meatless BaconTo go along with some of the interesting things we find at the grocery I thought I would share something not gross, or shocking but more simply along the lines of not finding it in Canada.
Firstly I'd like everyone to know that Ryan seems to have this love for bacon that I don't understand. He could eat it everyday. I'm not talking about 4 pieces of bacon along with your breakfast but a whole package of bacon as a side to any dish. Usually it's rice, egg and bacon with spiced vinegar (sinamak and native to Bacolod, SUPER YUM) and soy sauce but he could eat it for dessert. So last week I was in the grocery store and found this snack Baconette Strips; a meatless bacon. I took a snap of it and meant to show it to Ryan but completely forgot about it.Taste Test Yesterday afternoon Ryan and I quickly picked up a few things at the grocery store and walked down the snack aisle. He stops for a moment and says "hey! Look at this" while pointing to the Baconette Strips! I pull out my phone and show him the picture I took with the intention of sharing my find with him and he decides to throw them in the shopping cart.
This afternoon after church he rips open his bag of Baconette Strips and tries them. They look just like little pieces of bacon, baby bacons. He takes a few and doesn't really comment either way and puts the bag back on the counter and continues on with what he was doing. A few minutes later he goes back to the bag and admits "surprisingly they make me want more."
I don't think it's something I would ever buy again but it wasn't a failure like I was expecting either.

No comments:

Post a Comment