Monday, June 27, 2011

The Real World

Happy ShoppersWe took off last weekend for a trip to Cebu City. No fancy white sand beaches, just sun and sitting pool side with good food and a little shopping. Things have been intense for Ryan at work and with the anticipation of Canada lurking around every corner the kids and I have been unusually antsy. It has been a long year. We got back from Canada 11 months ago and the kids and I have spent 4 out of those 11 months alone without the Jarman family which we had gotten used to having just across the street for play time, companionship and venting. I'd say that we are all (Ryan included) are getting a little stir crazy and super eager for the next 14 days to be behind us as we board our first flight homeward bound to Canada. It's not that we don't love Bacolod, because it has been a great home to us the last 5 years ... we just miss our families and friends in Canada so much and nothing puts that into perspective then being on your own. Especially when life is going on for everyone else and you feel like you're missing it or when troubles come along and you are too far away to offer your help and support. It's a sucky feeling.
So after a much needed rejuvenating change of scenery for 4 days, here we are ... back in the real world.


The last week had brought some great successes and the next weeks successes to look forward to:
Madison is potty trained ... fully. Yay for me and pull-up's only at bed time.
The rain has stopped briefly and we had some great hot sun while on our getaway.
We've been to a few great movies as we get ready to say goodbye to $2.00 movie tickets.
I have extra motivation and ambition to get things all packed up. Only 14 more days. That means things can go into the suitcases that I can give up for 14 days.
I won't have to do much grocery shopping as we eat out the last of our cupboards.
We get to blow off the rest of our fireworks and firecrackers!! We've been saving them for July 1st, even if we aren't in Canada we'll celebrate Canada Day in style.

FakersSadly my kids are just as excited as I am to go home and therefore have turned into these horrible monsters I can no longer control. I can't really blame them for their excitment and 14 days, although a short amount of time, is still such a long ways away for such young minds. I am really going to have to be on my "A" game these last weeks to keep them entertained and busy. Hopefully the sun stays out so we can utilize the pool.
If anyone has idea's to keep my kids from being the death of me please share! I'm almost out of idea's and have crafted myself out. It's only fun for them to pretend to nap for so long before they catch on that it's really not a game ...

2 comments:

  1. OK here is my idea, You could pixy the people you love over there. Plan one surprise a day until you go. Make the kids think of things the people would like to remember your family with. That is my idea. I am so excited to see "Beatties Home" on the calendar!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Little Miss Naughty's bandana!
    Hey - have you done the chains? If so, I want to hear what types of saying you've put on the insides...

    ReplyDelete