Friday, June 19, 2009

My Bestfriend a.k.a. Coackroach Killer


Rumour has it that these spiders kill coackroaches! They are defiantly big enough to do the trick! This isn't the first time that we've seen one of these spiders and from what we've been able to gather, they are quite common but I can't help but let out a yelp every time I see one of these suckers crawling along our floor! I decided to try out my new camera (thanks Dad and Peggy!) and get some good pics of the guy which nearly gave my kids a heart attack. I think that they were genuinly afraid it would take my life... "ok, mommy, I think that's enough pictures now!?" "mommy, come on, kill it" "MOMMY, he's going to BITE you!" After I carefully explained that these spiders eat coackroaches they really seemed to settle down and actually show some respect (Sydney is very very afraid of coackroaches, especially after being locked into a bathroom with one at Focus. She was literally screaming and clawing at the bathroom door). So... for now he lives in our "dirty kitchen" helping me out with the roaches!
he almost looks cuddly!?just add a little seasoning, yummy

5 comments:

  1. I actually couldn't even read this post....i saw the pictures and my skin was crawling immediatly....So hopefully nothing serious came from these spiders, cause i honestly can't make myself read what you wrote! YUCK!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that settles it. I'm never leaving Canada :) That is a big spider! It looks like it's on the kitchen counter?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy crap that's a big spider. Emma had to make sure that it wasn't inside our house. I told her that it was in someone elses house. I think she would have a heart attack if she actually saw that. She freaks out from fuzz on the floor!! Your one brave girl for taking pictures that close!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you kidding me?! That is your new pet? I can't even believe it, that is way too scary for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with the others -- I would not allow that thing to live in my kitchen, even if it's in the outside kitchen. That is GROSS. They don't hurt humans?? On the other hand, your new camera is awesome! That first picture rocks!

    ReplyDelete