Monday, June 8, 2009

Time Flies

Maddy 3 monthsI can not believe that Madison is already 3 months old. The time has flown by so quickly and almost seems like such a blur. With Sydney I can hardly remember anything I was in such a crazy state and I’ve really been enjoying the time and experiences with Madison. I’ve tried to put the worries of life aside and focus on the kids more since I’m a “what if” thinker and sometimes have a very hard time shutting that part of my brain off. It also helps that Brayden and Sydney are older and so close in age that they love playing together and don’t need my constant attention. Madison has been able to get a lot of the “mom” time and attention I wasn’t able to give Sydney since Brayden was only 18 months. Both Brayd and Sydney are amazing with Maddy and always trying to make her smile and giggle. She is defiantly spoiled with attention (if you could spoil a baby). She’s starting to pull some tricks out now with her age... starting to roll from her tummy to back which makes tummy time almost impossible now, and she’s starting to giggle when we play with her. One of my favorite sounds is the first couple of times one of my babies laughs, such a happy sound!
I was really worried about bringing her to the Philippines. It was mostly the long flight that freaked me out but I was also nervous about her response to the heat and humidity. Thankfully an airconditioning unit was installed in our main living space before we arrived and so she’s been able to stay cool for the time in the house. She seems to have adjusted just fine to the change in time and temperature which has been such a huge relief to me and helped me to relax and enjoy being back here in Bacolod. The only thing that seems to bother her is amount of attention she sometimes gets from large groups of people. She can handle be outnumbered 3 or 4 to 1 but when people start poking her and screaming, or talking quite loudly she starts to get a little freaked out and fussy. BUT in her defense I can remember how it felt when just moving here and adjusting to the cultural changes in personal space. I’m sure she’ll get used to it a lot quicker then I did and soon will love the attention.Even Brayden seems to be okay with the attention, not hiding behind my legs every time someone tries to talk to him. Sydney is just too cute, knows it and eats it up ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment