Friday, May 21, 2010

Daddy's #1

So in our family daddy is the pronounced favourite. This has never really bothered me since it's common knowledge that Ryan is WAY funner then me although at time I do wonder about it. We have some good times throughout the day... what is it exactly about daddy that makes him so perfect?
Well, a couple weeks ago I think I got my first hint. I had been out at a meeting in the evening and so Ryan was in charge of getting the kids their dinner and sending them off to bed. I come home to peaceful house, no problems whatsoever. That morning I'm getting Brayden some breakfast and he wants to eat it in the living room. I remind him that we only eat our food on the kitchen table (the ants are seriously on top of their game here so we try to keep them generalized in one area). He then proceeds to tell me that "last night daddy let us eat there in front of the TV and we watched 2 movies. He even let us eat all the cookies there on the coffee table." I then explain to Brayden that Daddy is just way cooler and funner then I am and he seems quite satisfied with that answer and moves himself to the kitchen table.
A little later in the morning Brayden is in time out in his bedroom and Ryan is getting breakfast/dinner made before he heads up to bed and I say to him "this morning Brayden was telling me that last night they got to eat dinner at the coffee table while watching 2 movies!?" Ryan defends himself by saying that no, it was only 1 movie that they watched but then this voice from the bedroom says "No daddy! It was 2 movies!" Ryan was so busted in his little lie by his own son!

I had decided that maybe that might be one reason why daddy is the favourite and then I saw the pictures of the last time Ryan was in charge of dinner while I was a meeting!



Who wouldn't love their daddy if he filled your mouth with whipping cream and let you rip all the sheets off the bed and jump on it like a big trampoline and then takes pictures to capture the joy on their faces! Obviously Mom is a total hag for telling you "no more jumping on the bed" and "no you can't have that whipping cream, I'm saving it for a special occasion."
Who can blame them for declaring daddy the best!?

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, this is so funny!! I don't know how to top whipped cream in the mouth though... that's pretty wicked.

    And PS. The double cheese ice cream? Totally nasty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the new posts! This one is so funny and true....he let the in "the bedroom!" you worked SOO hard to get them out of there! hahaha Oh the life of being the daddy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's what Dad's do according to Brian. Great shots, tooooo funny. Love Mom

    ReplyDelete