Friday, May 28, 2010

Our Big Little Girl

Our Madison is one of a kind. It seems the last few months her personality has really shown. She teases her daddy every time he asks for a kiss pretending she's going to give him one and then at the last second pulling her head away giggling at his defeat! She follows Brayden and Sydney everywhere! Just the other day I was doing laundry along the side of the house. Brayden and Sydney went out the front door to go play with Isabelle Jarman across the field after asking permission. I come inside to find the house very quiet, Maddy is quite a chatterbox so it's never quiet. I go to my phone and find a text from Bobbi stating that Maddy made her way over to her house with the other 2. She completely 100% understands the word 'NO' and loves to hear me say it. She will go to the phone and slowly take her fingers to it until I say 'No Maddy' and quickly pull her hand away. She then looks at me with a HUGE smile and slowly moves her fingers towards the phone waiting for me to tell her no. Then when she finally gets close enough and she gets her NO off she goes smiling with satisfaction. She's got the sippy cup and straw cup down so we've been done with bottles for a while now and her hair is getting longer and she's starting to look more like a little girl then a little boy. It's unbelievable how much these little people grow up in such a short period of time!
Well.....
I have been waiting such a long time to be able to make this post! It has finally happened! Our 14 month old girl is walking. Such a difference from Brayden and Sydney who were both walking at 10 months, but I guess when there are 4 people who do pretty much anything for you there is no reason to walk. I think the only reason she started walking was because she was tired of being left behind by Brayden and Sydney when they went outside. Brayden would try to carry her but she's just so big now that it was looking pretty awkward and uncomfortable for both parties!
She started with help from my good friend Gay who tricked Maddy into thinking she was holding onto her shirt but would really let go and just walk beside her. I then took her outside onto the street where she decided walking was so much better then scraping her knees trying to crawl after the kids. She really started picking up speed and courage when we were Cebu City last week because the hotel was carpeted and so soft, easy to fall on.
Obviously I am thrilled and had to capture a small video clip of our little frankenstein walker for our family and friends to see. I can't wait for you all to see her in person... the countdown to Canada vacation has begun. In the mean time please enjoy this clip of our little spoiled rotten and extremely lovable Maddy.

2 comments:

  1. She is such a cutie. She walks so good.
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that smile! She can light up the world with that.

    JP

    ReplyDelete