Saturday, May 1, 2010

Earthquake

A few nights ago I was up playing on the computer while the kids and Ryan were sleeping. There was this noise that sounded like a big semi truck was turning onto our street and driving past our house. I thought that was a little strange since all the time I've been here I don't recall ever seeing a semi truck and we live in a private subdivision so the biggest truck around these parts in the garbage truck. So I sat there listening to the noise when all of a sudden everything started shaking. At the time it was scary, I didn't know what to expect since it was my first earthquake experience so I just kept waiting for it to get worse but it never really did. It didn't last for too long either, maybe 15 seconds, and everyone in the house just kept on sleeping like nothing happened. Got my heart rate up just enough for it to take me a little longer to fall asleep that night but small enough that nothing was damaged and the internet didn't even flicker off for a second.

1 comment: