Friday, August 3, 2007

Rain... The Perfect Excuse

Do you ever have those days where you just don't feel like having to get ready for the day? We decided to see if Brayden was ready to be potty trained now that Grandma and Grandpa have gone back to Canada and the excitment has settled down, we could dedicate a little more time and attention to it. It's always hard after family or friends go when we realize how far away we really are; so yesterday was just one of those days where I didn't feel like doing much of anything. Fortunately for me it was pouring rain most of the day so I didn't have to do anything! I was able to open up all the screen doors and windows and let the refreshing cooler breeze flow through the house instead of relying on the air conditioning and we had a relaxing movie day with frequent breaks for Brayden to sit on the potty. We ended up going to Harry Potter in the afternoon which was great for the kids to get out of the house.
It always shocks me when I take a minute to sit down, relax and watch the kids and I realize how big they are getting and how quickly it happens. I still see Sydney as a baby and it hits me some days that she's just not anymore. We've moved on from bottles to sippy cups, she's starting to say a couple of words, have some little temper tantrums where she'll throw herself on the floor and cry for her 10 seconds. She's getting into that fun toddler stage with her quirky little personality.

And Brayden, he's turning into such a little man. Going to school, making friends and making jokes. It helps me remember how important every second I get with them is and I'm just so thankful that I get to be at home with them enjoying all these special moments!

3 comments:

  1. You have the most cutest kids I have ever seen. PS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must agree that these kids are Incredibly naturally really really good looking

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, they are both looking so much older all of the sudden (it's sudden for me cause I only see them when you post pics of them).

    ReplyDelete