Saturday, October 30, 2010

Spins a Web, Any Size

Not ImpressedYesterday we attended the first annual Halloween party at the resort in our sub division. Brayden and Sydney were SO excited to dress up in their Halloween costumes but I made them wait until the early afternoon. I know I sound like a huge meanie BUT Sydney's dress already had a little tear in it and Brayden's was long sleeves, mask and long pants so I didn't really need a sweaty Spiderman. As far as getting into costume Madison was ummmmm.... not so happy. She literally freaked out. Madison and I ended up compromising on the costume. She decided that she would not wear the cute hat and shoes that went along with it but in return I got to do her make up a little so her cheeks and eyes sparkled.
Around 3pm we walked over to the Jarman's to meet up with them before continuing down the street to the resort. The kids had a good time. They got to dance, play a couple games, have their faces painted and of course they got to bring home some candy! Not the door to door trick or treating I'm used to but for these three it was just as great and all the same. Candy and costumes is what makes Halloween and I'm so so glad that they were able to get both and then some.

Spiderman, Princess Sydney and Snow WhiteFace Painting
I had a good chuckle when later that night when I told Brayden that his costume was really cool and his face painting was just awesome. He just casually turns and looks at me giving the slightest shrug and says "Ya, I know." I know how excited he was and how cool he felt to have his face painted and for him to act so casual about it.... sometimes I just have to turn away and have a quick giggle.
Halloween Costumes

2 comments:

  1. This post has literally made my day. The photo of the three of them, how awesome Syd is smiling, how we can only see half of Brayd's eye and how he's got his arm around Maddy? So sweet. And how awesome is their face paint? Syd with a dragon mask? Hello amazing! Glad they were able to celebrate Halloween....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you got to go Trick or Treating. They all look awesome!

    ReplyDelete