Saturday, October 16, 2010

Brayden is SIX!!

Brayden just had his sixth birthday and lucky for him that fell on a Saturday so he got to have a full day of partying. He woke up and as soon as he saw me I excitedly reminded him that he was 6 years old and he gave me a big proud look and told me "I KNOW! AND, I think I feel bigger." So I measured him against me like we do and he seemed to believe that he had indeed grown a significant amount over night.
When Ryan got home from work that morning we did the big unveiling of his gift (note to grandparents: we included you in this one so EVERYONE gave this to him). We had to keep it outside and around the corner so that he wouldn't spot it if he ran out there to play. Thankfully Ryan got home quite early that morning so we had just finished his blue '6' pancakes so I didn't have to make excuses for him to not be outside. He got a new bike! A super cool motorbike bike, which now is parked beside our 2 real motorbikes in the motorbike parking of driveway. Let me tell you, he really can go super fast on his new bike!
Motorbike BikeNew Bike

Later in the morning we headed out to the Caribbean Water Park with the Jarman's for Brayden's birthday party. We didn't really do anything huge for him in terms of extravagant parties but he had so much fun. We rented a Nipa Hut and bought some yummy Jollibee's chicken and rice with cupcakes for dessert. I made bubblegum and tutti frutti/watermelon flavoured icing and the kids got to pick which flavour they wanted to ice their cupcakes. He unwrapped his gifts from the Jarmans, who also bought the other kids a little something too... so nice! Then it was time for the water slides. The time went so quickly! The kids were up and down the water slides so many times it was hard to keep track of them. Madison was loving it too. She's learning how to kick herself around where she wants to go in her water wings and she just laughs and squeals. We came home and had time to give the kids a bath, fill them up with some dinner and opened up a pack of 15 glow sticks. It was already starting to get dark and so they were really bright and they had so much fun sticking them together, waving them around and making anklets, bracelets, necklaces. It was such a fun day, I think Brayden really really enjoyed himself!

JollibeeGifts

1 comment: