Monday, June 29, 2009

Diaper Run

Sipalay BeachIF you are ever going on a little vacation that would include a 3 1/2 month old I would suggest to NOT forget the diapers. I guess it has been so long since I've had to worry about packing diapers that it was one of those things in the back of our minds. It wasn't until we were done the slow very bumpy swerving road off the highway to the resort that we realized we had not packed diapers for our stinky little girl. Thankfully we had our backups in the glove compartment of the car to last until the next morning when, we decided, we would make a trip down to Sipalay to buy some.
Sipalay is a very small town with no grocery store or real restaurants by American standards. It does have one nice long strip with a bunch of make shift shops, a market place which of course is inclusive of the fish market. This is where we went one of our very first drives after we got our vehicle after being in Bacolod for 2 months. We drove down the 3 hours and spent a couple hours on the beach and drove home. The best part about the whole trip was all of a sudden these 3 guys come running out of the water carrying this huge swordfish Blue Marlin. It was so huge it took all three guys. They were running as fast as they could to the top of the beach where the fish market is. It happened so fast and we were in such shock after seeing such a huge fish come out of the water that we totally missed it with the camera. Very upsetting!
SO, this time, no swordfish BUT we were able to dip our toes in the water.
It was Madison's first experience really in the water. I've only taken her to the pool one time prior and the water was so much cooler then this, she really seemed to enjoy watching the waves roll in and out covering her chubby little toes with the warm water!


MadisonMadison

Bamboo It was nice to take this trip after being gone for so long because I was able to see a lot of things through new eyes for the first time again. After 2 years it seemed that there was very little that would shock us enough to whip out the camera and take a shot. The different types of plants all seem to blend into one colour of green (except my favorite shade of green... rice field green, right as the stalks are starting to go to seed, absolutely the most brilliant shade of green) and I had forgotten how amazing it all is. I was also reminded that I have never ever taken a picture of bamboo before! This realization shocked me and then to see how abundant it was on our drive I couldn't believe after all the time spent here I hadn't yet captured it, well I obviously got on that one!
On the way to Sipalay we had to drive through the bumpy dirt road to the main highway. We've done this road a couple times before during our stays at Punta Bulata and I think that on one of our first trips I took a picture of a Caribow standing alone in some rice terraces. Well I think this weekend we were able to take a snapshot of the exact same caribow, only this time he was instead of standing in the beautiful green he was chilling in some mud.


Mud Bath, Yes Please

No comments:

Post a Comment