Thursday, June 9, 2011

Electrical Chaos

SunsetI took this snap Saturday evening on our date night because Ryan said "Isn't that a perfect picture with the sunset shinning off all the wires and onto the street."
I had to agree. It was really pretty. It also perfectly captures the chaos of the electrical wires that line every street in Bacolod City. Just a few days before this it was raining lightly and Sydney and I were on our way from shopping driving down the main road. To understand what I mean by main road it would be Mayor Magrath Dr in Lethbridge, Mcload Tr in Calgary or since it's also the highway the I-15 in the States (but 2 lanes each way that they make into 4 lanes each way). All of a sudden right in front of me a wire falls from the street and hits my car as I drive under it. I clench my fists and wait for some sort of electric shock to go through our vehicle, something, but nothing. Life went on as if I hadn't just hit astray electrical wire in the rain with my metal car. No big deal, right?
We've also seen transformers explode in the rain at night as we're driving down the road and watched everything go black as a result. We are definitely spoiled in Canada with wiring ... or lack of! Just one of the small things you should appreciate that you probably don't even think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment