Monday, March 7, 2011

My Apple A Day

I love to run. For me it's a huge stress reliever. Time to myself where I can pound away the everyday worries into the pavement through my feet and forget about them. It doesn't really matter to me if it's inside on a treadmill or outside on the road, just as long as I can run. However; as much as I love to run, there is one thing that I can't stand ... I hate the sound of my feet hitting the ground and I really don't like to hear myself breathe, or panting some could call it. Hearing those two sounds makes me feel so much more tired then I really am and my run feels so difficult. Because of this I am not the type of person who can jump on a treadmill and run infront of big TV watching some awesome movie unless it's so loud that everyone around me is going deaf. I like to drown out the world.iPod's and Planes What saves me? Apple. I LOVE my apple products. Ryan and I are true Mac lovers with our laptops and iPhones, we can't imagine life without Apple in it. When I'm on that treadmill I put my headphones in and turn up my iPhone as loud as I need to and watch my wonderful reality smut TV like Brad Womack (this season's Bachelor ... who will he choose!?) or the Amazing Race. I turn up my music and let the sounds of the world around me disappear. When I run outside I use two different apps simultaneously that make my runs seem to go by so quickly and really push me. One is the Nike+ GPS. It's amazing. Every .5km it tells me how far i've gone and my current speed so I can make sure i'm still on target. It stores my runs on the GPS where I can later view them on a map and track my route and speeds throughout my run. The other app I use is an interval training app which tells me how hard to work on a scale of 1 thru 10 and for how many minutes. It's a different workout every run and it progressively gets more challenging as I go. Between the two apps I can track my progress, stay motivated and get a different run everyday.
I know you non-iPhone owners hate it when we iPhone lovers brag about our phones but man ... they really do everything! As disgustingly embarrassing as this realization was, even my kids love apple. Whatever gets us through those flights :S

No comments:

Post a Comment