Thursday, August 9, 2012

Summer Vacay - Day 42: OCEAN

The West CoastIt is so nice to drive without kids! Wow. We stopped when we wanted not because three little bladders needed to be emptied, we snacked on whatever we wanted and didn't have to share and we could talk to each other without interruption or background noise.

We made it to Vancouver in the afternoon to meet up with my dad and Peggy and did some driving by the ocean. It was so nice to be able to roll down the window and feel that nice ocean breeze flow through the car. Not only was there the smell of the ocean but also all these amazing restaurants filling the car with all their enticing scents. Italian, crepes, Thai, Indian, Mexican, pretty much any type of food you could think of wafting into the car. After we got checked into the hotel and somewhat settled we went out and did some good eating. We turned in pretty early and I drugged myself up pretty good to get some good sleep so I could fight my killer cold the slammed me the day before. Who wants to run 21.1km when they can't breathe? Not me.

The kids also had a good day. They drove to Invermere B.C. and got to run around outside, ride their bikes and watch movies. Sounds like the perfect way to spend a summer day to me!
BoatingDingy

No comments:

Post a Comment