Thursday, August 16, 2012

Summer Vacay - Day 49: Stained Glass Animals

Stained Glass
Sydney's pick was making stained glass window decorations. Did you ever make those when you were younger? We sure did. I loved it! I was also a little worried about this one. You have to place little beads into the frame to make different coloured glass panels. Sometimes the spots are small and the beads seem to jump around making it tough for little fingers, mainly 3 year old fingers that don't appreciate help. Madison only made it half way through before she started colouring and that was fine by me. Now I know that if I ever have another 3 year old in my family that maybe this isn't going to be the most successful craft. The other two were fine, especially Sydney. She can be quite patient and persistent. It was amazing to watch her when a brown bead found it's way into the section with only white beads. She calmly picked it out and replaced it properly. She has such a great little personality to deal with little hiccups in the road, I was quite proud of her ability to brush it off instead of getting frustrated. She really is getting older!

No comments:

Post a Comment