Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Summer Vacay - Day 34: O Christmas Tree

We made a quick trip to the Dollar Store today and returned with this Growing Tree that cost us $1.25. It was something that seemed pretty simple; set up the cardstock tree, put in the included liquid and watch. And watch longer. I think that the package stated that we would start to see something within the first half hour but all we noticed was that the tree was getting saturated in the liquid. The kids were totally bored and I was thinking to myself "well I guess that's why it was only $1, it doesn't work." I still had some faith so we set it off to the side and kept busy with other things. After some time Sydney came inside and started freaking out. I had no idea what was going on but she had already ran back outside to assemble the troops. They all came stomping through the kitchen and stared at the tree so this drew my attention and I had to join the small crowd. Sure enough we could see the starts of our growing tree!
Setting UpStart of MagicNow That's Something
Now that we knew that it worked the kids were running in and out of the house for the rest of the afternoon. It was fun when we went out to do some errands and came home to HUGE growth and they started jumping up and down. The 'oooohhhhhs and ahhhhhhhhs' were amplified after growth was noticeable on the trunk as well as the tips and the kids were asking me how I did it. I'm just pretty awesome like that, I know how to open up a package and set it up in style!
More GrowthSubstantialOne Good Looking Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment