Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Healthier Thirties?

Food. Food = my weakness. I have had to work so hard to work on portion sizes and actually staying within those portion sizes because let's be honest ... portion sizes are SO small! Willpower is not something I'm good with but whatever. I guess I've come to some sort of realization that I eat what I eat and I run enough to keep me from getting huge. I do however have this account with myfitnesspal.com which is pretty cool. It keeps track of everything for you, you can write down all the ingredients in a recipe and it will calculate the nutrition and caloric values for you! It's a great way to keep track of what you are putting into your body. Now that i'm getting OLDer I feel like living a healthier lifestyle (one not filled with chocolate and salt & vinegar chips) is important. Of course I still eat half the bowl of cookie dough when I'm baking cookies or hide my chocolate bars so I don't have to share, I just don't do it as much!
SO, with that being said Ryan and I went to a new restaurant on last weeks date night. A Korean restaurant. There are quite a few Korean's here in Bacolod, especially throughout the Philippines. Strangely they come here to learn English, English with a Filipino accent and grammer? But English is English I suppose. This restaurant had been recommended to us on more then one occasion so we decided to just do it and try it. I was happy about it because it's not sweet fried foods and would go along with my healthier eating lifestyle goals. We had our waitress go through the menu with us telling us what the more popular items were and what she liked best. We settled on a few different things and crossed our fingers for the best. It turned out pretty good. Free appetizers which was some sort of pickled cabbage roll in spicy sauce, potato's in teriyaki sauce, bean sprouts and spinach type something in peanut oil (?). We ordered a pork bbq which was so yummy and we wrapped in lettuce along with a beef stirfry with all these great veg in it. They cooked them on our table and explained what it was and how to eat it, what sauces to dip it into. I'm not too sure if Ryan was sold on the whole meal but I liked it and my body was so happy to have all those nice fresh vegetables in it!
Pork BBQStirfry

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting... and for the record, I don't think you have to really watch what you eat as much as you think. Thankfully we came from good genes!

    ReplyDelete