Monday, April 18, 2011

Never Thought I'd Say That ...

Four and a half years ago Ryan and I were trying to settle into our new life here in the Philippines with our 25 month old boy and a 7 month old girl. Now here we are with a 6 year old, 5 year old, and 2 year old. I have 2 girls who favorite food is rice and a boy who loves red filipino hotdogs (which I refuse to touch) more then the normal brown (?) hotdogs I know and love. I'm positive that their time here will have a major impact on their lives and who they will become, how they view minorities in the future and hopefully give them a love to explore different cultures. When I hear my kids say things that sound Filipino or love to walk by the fish section in the grocery store to see the big fish eyes staring back at them, I expect it, this is the only life they know. When I hear myself say some things out loud ... I know it's been too long:

We are driving down the street past a little meat market and I casually mention to Ryan "You were lucky there were pig heads hanging here when you took your mom because there aren't any left today."
Pig Heads

No comments:

Post a Comment