Thursday, April 7, 2011

Somebody Is 5 Today!!!

Today we celebrated Sydney! I can't believe she's been apart of our family for 5 years now, the time has just really flown by. This will be our last birthday celebration in the Philippines so we went all out, Filipino style! The kids started by colouring 3D masks of different animals and then they wore them for a bit running around. We then had a Filipino 'pabitin' which is a wooden decorated frame with toys hanging from it. The kids then jump up and try to grab the toys and rip them off keeping whatever they can get their hands on. It's always a fun one and my kids love it.
Eagle MaskPabitin
When I asked Sydney what she wanted to eat for her birthday she told me 'hotdogs on a stick with marshmallows.' No offense to my Filipino readers but YUCK. This is a very Filipino birthday food. They put little cocktail wieners on a stick with colourful marshmallows separating each wiener. The kids loved them and us adults stuck to the spaghetti. After our dinner we lit the cake, sang happy birthday and opened a disgusting amount of presents!
DinnerButterfly Cake
A party is just not a party without candy so we had a pinata. I have to admit that it was pretty fun to watch the kids try to beat the crap out of Barbie! And of course to finish off a party what do you need!? Sparklers and fireworks! We got a couple of awesome fireworks that exploded up into the sky giving us an amazing show. It was perfect!
BarbieSparklers!

Sydney's 5Well I'll finish with a few of my favorite things about Miss Sydney Jean:
*She never fails to make us laugh
*Seriously the most loving affectionate girl. She loves her cuddles, hugs and kisses and gives them freely
*The most kind and patient big sister I've ever seen. She just is so giving and unselfish when it comes to Madison
*She has this confidence about her. She doesn't do something just because someone else is, she's completely fine choosing something even if it means no one will do it with her
*She is brave. Brayden often watches Sydney first to see if it she survives. If she does then he'll try.
*Sydney has this giggle that always makes me smile
*The cutest set of dimples are on this girls cheeks
*Rich dark brown eyes that always sparkle when she smiles
*I love how she always waits for me to give her a kiss before going into school. It's nice to know that even though she's 5 years old she's still not too old to have people see her kiss her mom :D
We love you Sydney and we are so happy you are in our family. Your beautiful and well spirited. Your stubbornness and need for hugs teach me patience and love. YAY for 5!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I think that I know what our next child will get for their birthday dinner. Inspiring...I loved seeing her new pink dress too. What a princess. Good job on the butterfly cake Meg...a great skill.
    Love you Sydney.
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete