Thursday, July 1, 2010

This Year's First Field Trip

Circle TimeToday was Madison's first field trip! Both Sydney and Brayden went on their first field trips of the school year yesterday to a classmates house for a tour. Maddy's class did the same field trip but for her class got to come over to our house. There were 5 of them including Madison, so cute.Snack Time They started with circle time like they do everyday where they sing songs and see if it's sunny or rainy, what day of the week it is. Maddy seems to really like circle time, she loves dancing and just moves to the music and will do what Teacher Summer is doing, copying the actions for some of the songs. After the circle time I gave the class a tour of the house and I even showed of our fabulous garden which I'm sure impressed them all, ha. After the tour the kids got washed up and sat down for snack time around the dinner table. They were so cute, all these little ones in such big chairs! When they are finished their snack they pack away the leftovers back into the lunch kits and get to play. I brought out our toy box, a huge tupperware bin we used as a suitcase on our way over, and the kids played with the toys until it was time to head back to school.
Teacher SummerToys
Maddy PlayingI'm not too sure what Maddy thought about the whole thing. Each child had someone accompany them and I don't think that Maddy really appreciated all the strangers in her personal space. Madison can be a little territorial so she would start to grunt or whine when I would get up and leave her there with her classmates in disapproval of my absence. She did start to become distracted enough towards the end of the visit to get up and play with the toys and some of her classmates without realizing that I wasn't right there by her side anymore... thankfully. When it was time to leave the class was so nice and presented me with a thank you token for letting them come over and see our home. How nice is that!? But what choice did I have? I could never say no to Teacher Summer and let down the Gummi Bear class, especially when they are all so stinkin' cute!
Mommy Meghan

1 comment:

  1. Was Teacher Summer Sydney's teacher as well? They're very cute!

    I keep trying to find sibling similarities in Maddy but I don't see it very often. She's certainly her own self!

    ReplyDelete