Thursday, April 16, 2009

Those First Smiles

For me those first couple weeks of a new baby is all work. You're getting up in the night, trying to work around a feeding schedule, added laundry, lots of diaper changes... and for what? They don't really give you anything in return. Well, not until those first smiles start breaking through and you know that they can see you, recognize you and are content. I love that feeling that my little baby is happy enough with what's going on in her life that she can gives me one of those beautiful smiles. We finally had these smiles start breaking through last week and I've since been meaning to catch them on camera but they seemed so irregular I wasn't sure I'd be able to. Today Madison has been in the best mood and smiling like crazy so the kids and I crowded around her with the camera and took turns making her smile at us! I got a bunch of pictures but she seemed more interested in what Brayden and Sydney were doing then looking at the camera so unfortunately she's not looking into the camera at my pictures but it is nice to know that she already is enjoying her big brother and sister!
Madison Warming UpA Big One

2 comments:

  1. You have a beautiful little girl congrats. I to agree that the first month or so is just work. Its the best when they finally start to smile! She is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so adorable I can hardly even handle it!!! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete