Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year 2013!

I'm not too sure who let my kids on the secret that you get to stay up late on New Year's Eve but when I find out they are going to have to deal with my wrath! Seriously, how lame is it when I fall asleep on the couch while the kids are still going strong. Living in your 30's is exhausting.
Tonight we heard that city transportation was going to be free and that there was going to be fun family stuff to do downtown so we decided we'd drive to the nearest c-train station and head downtown that way. I've been telling the kids for months now that one Saturday we'd go ride on the trains and we've just been so busy each and every weekend that I've super sucked at making the time to take them. This was going to be perfect, a free train ride, fun games, treats and staying up as late as we want. It's a death wish P-A-R-T-Y.
I think the kids had a lot of fun on the train. They were pretty energized and it was pretty hard for them stay sitting but it wasn't really busy so I didn't feel like we bugging anyone. We got off downtown and walked to the party where the kids decorated hates, had potato sac races, bike races, there was a black light dance party and we put on our best faces for the photo booth.
Once it got insanely busy we took off and made our way back to the van via train stopping for treats along the way. Back at home we settled in with our pop and candy to watch a movie which I think may have turned into 3 by the time I fell asleep and we cut the kids off and forced them to bed.
Train StationHappy New Year
Next year I need to remember that if I want to go to bed before the sun comes up I can't let the kids gorge themselves all night long on sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment