Saturday, June 30, 2012

Summer Vacay - Day 2

SoccerI didn't want to have to wake my kids at 6am this morning to go to Raymond and sit around waiting for me to finish the Raymond Road Race and since they've been asking daily for a sleepover at Nana and Papa's that exactly what I did with them. I dropped them off at my moms Friday night and didn't worry about them until I got home from Raymond and was showered smelling pretty again. They had a busy time pigging out on Papa's chicken, swimming in the hot tub and watching Charlotte's Web and sleeping in an extra hour and a half longer then they do when they are at home! What's with that? Anyway, my mom still had some things that needed to be done in the library at the school so I picked the kids up later that morning and we went with them to let the kids run around in the gym. The kids LOVE going to the school gym and going nuts with all options the equipment room offers. Balls of all sizes, raquets, hockey stuff, jump rope, nets, and the newest addition: The Kin Ball. The kin ball is this giant beach ball. I don't know how else to describe it. It's so light that I was punching it and it was hitting the roof of the gymnasium. Heading it doesn't hurt and even someone Sydney sized can kick it up into the air. I think you get a group of energized kids into that gym and give them that ball and break them into teams and you have an extreme sport!

Kin BallKin Ball
After we were done in the gym we went home to fill our bellies with some grub before heading back to Nana's to play with Auntie K and MK. They drove down from Calgary with the dog for the long weekend. The afternoon was spent in the hot sun chilling out and watching the kids run Auntie K and MK into the ground with their endless energy.
Shoulder Ride

No comments:

Post a Comment