Friday, July 22, 2011

Double Date

Friday morning Brayden and I braved the freezing air, ran to the van, cranked up the heat and headed up to Calgary for the day. Kaden, Brayden's cousin, is staying up in Calgary with Jessica and Parker for a little while. We thought a day trip for the boys to play together and for me to spend some time with Jessica would be so fun.
When we arrived we headed to the hospital to catch up with Seely's. Brayden and Kaden were so excited to see each other they were bounding around the hospital. It is so fun for me to watch my kids with their cousins. It's as if we weren't gone for an entire year, they pick up right where they left of, no questions asked.
The weather really sucked. Freezing rain, hail and wind. We attempted to play outside briefly at the park but it was short lived, unfortunately. Instead the boys played in the play room at the Ronald McDonald House, they have a game room with pin ball machines, foosball, hockey, I think I even saw Guitar Hero for the Wii with the drum set! There was some farm animals set up the boys fed and pet, we went shopping, pigged out at DQ and watched a movie. It was a full day.
GoatDinner Time

Parker

It was so nice for me to have the time with Brayden without the girls. We rarely get time just the two of us and for it to be doing something so fun. I loved it. I told Brayden it was a double date, Brayden and I with Jessica and Kaden except there was a 5th wheel ... Parker. It doesn't matter though because Parker steals the hearts of all the ladies around. When we arrived at the hospital one of the nurses was declaring her love for him and even with the doctor accusing her of being a cougar (an older lady going after a younger man) she just kept on flirting. Then only an hour later Parker was flirting with another lady at the Ronald McDonald House who was claiming to be in love with him too! He has no shortage of the ladies and I can understand it. He is SO cute and always waving and smiling at these girls, flirting with them! I seriously have the cutest nephew around!

No comments:

Post a Comment