Friday, July 8, 2011

Bug Collectors Heaven

Fighting BeetleBeetle

SpiderThere is something just awesome about a great big disgusting bug that gets me so excited. When I'm pulling my shoes off the rack and I see something scurry I jump back afraid of a cockroach but when I see it's something different (a spider or a lizard) I relax. Cockroaches are just the most nasty things EVER. EVER. I once brought in the laundry from the clothes line and was flapping it a bit to get that stiff feel out before I folded it and a cockroach came flying out of the shirt. I grabbed the closet thing I could, which happened to be a stuffed panda animal, and started beating that thing to death. Only it would.not.die. Seriously! I beat that thing so badly the panda's eye came off before that sucker stopped scurrying off.
So in summary: I don't do cockcroaches and thankfully this house has hardly any at all! Maybe 1 a month. If it's anything other then a cockroach them I'm golden, good to go. So whether it's the biggest spider I've ever seen or some cool new beetle I can't help but run and grab the camera! Maybe it's just my dedication to capturing ALL our Philippines moments, beautiful white sand beaches to big creepy crawlies that come out in the night. At least the kids are ok with these big spiders. They get kind of close but when a spider catches them off guard ... screams. The other morning it was early, too early and Brayden had made his way to the bathroom to use the toilet and was walking back to his bedroom and started screaming like a girl. I wasn't too impressed when I had to pull myself out of bed to see what in the world was going on but once I saw the size of that spider I understood. I ran downstairs and got my trusty bottle of spray and killed that thing! I'm the best mom, ever.

SpiderSpider

3 comments:

  1. Oh.my.goodness!!!!! U r a good woman megs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. here i scream at the site of a spider the size of my thumb.. Your super mom !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So this spray... does it like, freeze them to death in those perfect poses? Or are all those alive?

    ReplyDelete