Saturday, January 22, 2011

Parent Teacher Interviews

The kids are now finished with the 3rd quarter at school. With this came report cards and parent teacher interviews. Thankfully there weren't any negative surprises. In fact I was surprised with how well Sydney has been doing with her letters and sounds. Brayden has excellent reading skills and along with that great comprehension to what he is reading. Madison has really warmed up to the routine of school and the teachers and kids in her class. It's fun to hear the teachers perception of the kids in the school environment and hear the little stories.
Along with all the report cards the teachers will give an impressive summary of the kids 'multiple intelligence profile.' They include a paragraph for each of the following: verbal/linguistic, logical/mathematical, visual/spatial, musical, bodily/kinesthetic, interpersonal,intrapersonal and natural/environmental. I thought I'd share a few of my favorite points from each of my kids. Some are because I'm proud of them and some because they are hilarious and I copied them word for word from their MI reports.

Brayden
Even if he doesn't speak Ilonggo, he still responds to his classmates.
Gabriel: Indi nay a amo Brayden, mu ni hu. ***Translation: "It's not like that Brayden,it's like this..."***
Brayden: Okay, let's try that.
He is reading all the words he meets even if they were not introduced yet.
When the class listened to a story on recycling, he said, "You know in Canada, there's no garbage on the streets. They are clean."

Maddy
Maddy can definitely follow rhythm. Whenever she hears music, she hums. She sways her hips when dancing and claps her hands.
Maddy can already get and return her bag from her cubbyhole without any help. She can also pack away her placemat, plate, and cups by herself.
Maddy has not been to any of our field trips because mommy does not have any help and they have been on vacation a lot. (I'd like to add my own little note to this. No she doesn't really do the field trips since they are at a bad time and I sacrifice her field trip so the other two can get to school but she has been on one field trip: Maddy's Fieldtrip)
As long as she has something to eat then she is one happy baby.

Sydney
Sydney's favorite song is "Tale as Old as Time" from the movie Beauty and the Beast. She sang this song in front of her classmates during the talent show in the classroom.
Sydney is an affectionate child. She has her favorites among her classmates though, namely, Liam and Kashie. She likes to kiss them on the lips.
This quarter, she did an amazing job in sight reading Dolch words.
Sydney has no trouble expressing herself.

So apparently Sydney is putting the moves on the boys already! Quite the shocker and as I sat in the hallway reading this before my interview I laughed out loud. She really is just one super affectionate kid! I guess I never thought about her kissing and hugging her friends the way she does her family!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks! These are hilarious. Sydney's kissing reminds me of you and Evan!! :) She is an affection kid... I remember her getting so excited at us playing "blastoff to the moon" that she grabbed hold of my nostrils and yanked till I teared up.
    AND Brayden's answer to Ilonggo is HILARIOUS. I laughed out loud.
    AND Matthew loved to hear Maddy's musical skills. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I am Ilonggo illterate but what did the kid say to Brayden?

    ReplyDelete