Monday, January 10, 2011

Bum Meow

Maddy and I can get quite frustrated with each other. She doesn't feel the need to talk and so I really struggle to figure out what she wants. She then gets very upset with me because I have no idea what she is trying to explain to me. Her vocabulary is thankfully getting bigger and she's starting to make 2 word sentences but I still struggle. Brayden started talking at 14 months and was speaking full sentences by 2 years old but Sydney was just the opposite. I don't think she said one word until she was 2 and it looks like Madison is going more the route of Sydney then her brother.
Today I was in the kitchen cleaning up a bit after breakfast. The kids are in a different room and I can hear them all giggling and getting along just fine. Madison comes bolting out of the room, into the kitchen and is very aggressively repeating "BUM MEOW, BUM MEOW, BUM MEOW!" She gets this look on her face when she's trying to tell you something all serious, her brow furrows and her lips pucker way more then necessary (it's really quite cute), and her eyes get HUGE. I have absolutely no idea what she is trying to tell me since we don't own a cat and I didn't even know she knew the word for bum.
"Oooooh, really!?" I reply and off she runs satisfied. About 30 seconds later Brayden comes out of the room looking like this:
Animal Stuffing
I'm not shocked, this is one of their favorite games. Maddy even has to get involved and gets the kids to shove small stuffed animals down her pants or up her shirt. The one thing that I finally understood was Maddy's earlier statement. Brayden had shoved one of her stuffed kitties down his pants in his bum hence "BUM MEOW"! It moments like these when the light comes on and I breathe a sigh and remember it goes so fast. She will be talking in sentences soon and I need to just slow down and appreciate the furrow of the brow and small frustrations when we don't get each other. It will pass.

3 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHAHAHA
    bum meow could have been soooo much worse!
    too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a picture of ryan with the exact same outfit on...hmmmmm

    ReplyDelete