Wednesday, November 3, 2010

They Must Be American

I was reading a Clifford book to the kids, one where Emily Elizabeth and Clifford go sledding. After a while in the snow poor puppy Clifford becomes quite cold and so they go home to warm up and drink some 'hot cocoa.' Brayden examines the picture for a while and realizes that they are drinking hot chocolate and he clarifies this with me saying "mom, their hot cocoa is what we call hot chocolate."
I nod my head in agreement and he turns back to the picture putting his elbow on the table and resting his chin on his hand and takes a few seconds to think something through.... "they must be American" he finally says as his justification to the difference.
All I could do was chuckle and say "yes Brayd, they must be."
Swim

No comments:

Post a Comment