Thursday, November 11, 2010

Me Just Cruisin' on THE Bike

Meg on Bike
Today the motorbike went to the LTO (Land Transportation Office) to become a legitimate member of the automotive world. We had to pick the bike up from Focus which meant Ryan or I had to drive the bike while the other drove the car home with the kids. Well lucky me, I got to drive the bike home. It was my first real drive with the bike outside in the 'real' world. The sun was just starting to set when we left and it was pretty dark by the time the 20 minute drive was over and I had successfully driven home (all in my flip flop's none the less. I guess I'm really becoming a true Filipina, living in my 'slippers').
WOW! I am so proud of myself. I feel like I conquered something great. I was so nervous at first but as soon as I was on the road and driving I realized how easy of a bike it is to drive. It's quite small so it's easy for me to steady and hold up so the stopping and balancing seemed to be easier then I remember other bikes I've driven being and NO jump start! (I nearly killed small children spinning the bike around in a 360* stunt move in the sand trying to jump start a bike once, a story for another time.)
Anyway, I just really wanted to share my amazing accomplishment today with the rest of the world.... I LOVED IT!

1 comment: