Monday, November 21, 2011

Sick Days That Force Stolen Creativity

Butterfly With FootprintsChristmas Tree HandprintsYou Are My Sunshine
Our girls have come down with a croup sounding cough. It really sucks to wake up in the middle of the night to the sound of a dog barking only to realize it's your kid. Sydney was so scared when she woke up coughing that she starting crying not understanding why that awful noise was coming out of her. Hearing it makes my chest hurt, my poor girls.
We had a very lazy day of sitting around and training Madison how to properly use the tissue box for her nose. The thing that sucks the most about these kinds of colds is you can still kind of do 'stuff' but you can't really do 'stuff' either. They were really lethargic but had a little more energy then sitting on the couch doing nothing kind of thing.
So what do you do? You go on pinterest and steal other peoples creativity. I know I've blogged about Pinterest before but it really has a lot of great easy idea's for days like yesterday. I have a craft shelf on the top and almost out of reach parts of our book shelf that was stocked with paper and paints so those were the type of crafts I was going for. We did some pretty generic stuff, Brayden brought up a huge cardboard box from the basement cutting arm and head holes out of it and made himself a robot shell and Sydney did her thing along side him. Maddy napped.
So here are some of the cute things we made thanks to pinterest which was how I got through the entire day inside my house. Today .... it's 10am and I'm already going crazy BUT I've got a list that can't wait so outside world, here I come!
Christmas Tree's Made With Feet Prints

No comments:

Post a Comment