Sunday, November 6, 2011

First Christmas Decoration for The Year

Last year I ordered the Fisher Price Little People Christmas Nativity but it remained unopened because it was in Canada and we were in the Philippines. I was excited to bring it out this year and check it out and it's been sitting in our dining room since August taunting me. A few nights ago the kids were running around the house making tons of noise right before bed time. I was trying to think of something I could do other then read books to settle them down and I decided that setting up the nativity would be perfect.
I just started to open the box up and as they sprinted past me it caught their attention. Within seconds I had 3 pairs of curious eyes staring at me and then moments later 3 sets of little fingers helping me pull out all the little characters. Of course we've always had a nativity or two set up around Christmas time but never one the kids could touch and play with. They set it up themselves, I told them the story and then they played quietly together re-acting it out until it was time for our bedtime routine.
The next morning I woke up to my kids huddled around the nativity lighting the star and dancing to the Christmas tune it sings. It was perfect. I love nativities. I love that I now have one that the kids can play with and act out the Christmas story of Baby Jesus. I love that they love it! I think that every family with small children needs a nativity that they tinker with. It's been out for a few days now and although I do find a random donkey on the kitchen floor or a Joseph in the hall, they are still playing with it and every time they do they are remembering what Christmas is really celebrating.
Little People NativityKid's Nativity

No comments:

Post a Comment