Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Christmas Countdown

Halloween is over. A good evening with only a little snow that thankfully melted as soon as it hit the ground but it was enough that Madison didn't know what was going on! She's seen snow before but when she was a baby. Nothing that she remembers. She just froze staring at her little hands watching these little white flakes melt on her skin while her teeth chattered away. Now that we're into November I guess we all know it's coming and by it's I mean snow. *knock on wood*
So with this impending weather on the horizon and Halloween marked off the calendar I'm focusing my attention to the Christmas season! I dusted off the wood burning fire place and had a fire this week to make sure the chimney wasn't clogged. I pulled the newly washed electric blanket out from the closet and plugged it into the wall while making the bed and I sadly put away all the sandals and crocs that were crowding the shoe rack to make room for winter boots. I don't have Christmas decorations or lights up or anything but I'm thinking the Little People nativity will make it's appearance this week. I have to admit that after a nice warm Christmas in Thailand last year I'm excited for a white Christmas home in Canada surrounded by all our families this year ... so bring it on!
HaHa

No comments:

Post a Comment