Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The Christmas Wall

I love the smell of a real Christmas tree, there is just something magical about it. Memories maybe, that pine scent that screams mountain air, I just love it. We had a real tree every Christmas growing up and I even remember going up into the mountains to cut our own tree down one year. So do I feel guilty about robbing my children of those same real tree experiences by purchasing our 'fake' tree this year? Not one bit.
Real tree's that I saw this year are $45. To spend that every year just wasn't seeming like the best financial plan especially when I got a 7' tree that is so thick and full for that same amount! Yay to used items.
We don't have a lot of Christmas decorations. Brayden has been bummed out this year at the lack of Christmas in the house but I'll just blame being gone for the last 5 years and slowly start building up the decorations from this Christmas on. We set up our 5 nativities, put up the lights, decorated the tree and that's about it. I ended up buying a wreath for the front door and that's pretty impressive for us.... our very first wreath. So the tree, lights and nativities are all up on one wall. 1/3 of the room. It's the Christmas wall and it looks fabulous and it's just enough Christmas for me.
The cat is pretty excited about the tree, almost as excited the kids. It's her playground. She climbs up the trunk and swats at the decorations trying to get them off the tree. Thankfully all our decoration are hand made or hand me downs from the 60's and so nothing too valuable to worry about and so far nothing broken.
So cheers. I hope Christmas comes quick because we're ready for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment