Saturday, December 17, 2011

Fa la la la la

I think it's amazing the time and effort people put into the kids school Christmas Concert this year. They had two performances, a matinee and an evening performance which made for a very long day for the kids and it was perfect. The whole student body stayed on stage (except for the two kindergarten classes who left to put on their little angel costumes) and they all sat patiently waiting for their turn to get up to sing. It was a short program that went smoothly, the perfect length, with great songs. I think what I thought was great was that they didn't forget why we have Christmas. It seems that so many of the stores don't wish you a Merry Christmas, just a happy holidays to make things politically correct, and it takes the whole Christmas Spirit out of it for me. There is something magical about so many people uniting for the same occasion together. If someone were to wish me a Happy Hanukkah it would in no way offend me so what's the big deal!? Spread the cheer people. Anyway - side rant over ...
The kids Christmas concert still had a nativity and even though they had fun songs they also had some great Christmas songs reminding us the real reason we have Christmas. There were some songs that made me laugh, Brayden had a one liner into the microphone to say in front of everyone and he was loud and clear (I'm a proud mom) and Sydney almost brought me to tears when the kindergarteners came out glowing in their angel costumes during the nativity scene because really, when you are that young you are pretty innocent and pure like an angel.
BraydenThe Angels
When it was over and the kids were getting ready for bed Brayden turns to me and says "mom, I'm SO tired of singing."
I don't blame the poor guy! But, they were awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment