Sunday, October 23, 2011

Baby, It's Cold Outside

New BootsI've been waiting and getting prepared. We bought new snow suits for the kids and their outdoor winter wardrobe. It's been a while since we've had to deal with the Canadian winters combined with that *brisk* Lethbridge wind. I have to admit I almost cry in the mornings when I check the temperature and I see a negative sign in front of the number. The kids run to the bathroom shivering and Maddy's teeth were chattering the other morning as she was telling me how cold she was. It's mornings like that when I ask myself "how many more nice afternoons are we going to have where I can kick my kids outside when they are getting me annoyed?" I guess the only answer to that is to take advantage of the nice days because *knock on wood* who knows how many we have left. One thing I'm thankful for is that there are less and less days when the kids come down in shorts and I have to send them back upstairs to get 'cold' weather clothes on. They are starting to figure out that every day is a 'cold' weather clothes day. The only one that fights me anymore is Madison. It's a battle most mornings to get her into pants, the bonus is that she LOVES her new boots! I guess you take what you can get, right!?

Down the BlockHappy Faces

2 comments:

  1. They're so cute. I have to say, I hate the dark mornings more than the brr coldness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. such cute kids and pics. your such a good mom

    ReplyDelete