Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Cold As Ice

Every Wednesday in October Sydney gets her ice skates on along with the rest of her kindergarten class and they skate away. The very first Wednesday of October was Sydney's first time ever on an ice rink. I bundled her up in her brand new snow suit (it's been a little while since we've done snow), a toque that was a few years too small and my mitts because I couldn't scrounge any kid sized ones out of our few dozen boxes sitting in the basement and her skates.
All I can say was that I was FREEZING! Seriously, winter is going to kill me. Other then it being terribly cold it was fun. I wouldn't say she's a figure skater but she didn't suck either. She was moving and she spent maybe 5 seconds on her butt the whole time.
So yay for new experiences!
Getting the Hang of Ice SkatesWe Like It

1 comment:

  1. Man, I remember having to skate with a pylon! It looks like she's loving it!

    ReplyDelete