Saturday, September 3, 2011

A Little Hitch

Brayden has always been my little man. He's kind, sensitive and cautious. Taking him to grade 2 that first day I think I was more nervous then he was as we found his classroom along with his desk and off he went. His first full day of school, staying at school for lunch and knowing no body in the classroom I hoped for the best. When I picked him up later that day he was so happy and excited.
The next day I asked him if he wanted to go to park and wait for the bell to ring and go in himself or if he wanted me to come with him. As I assumed he wanted me to take him to his class. We made it as far as the boot room when the first bell rang and a boy ran past Brayden saying "Hi Brayden" and off Brayden ran with his new friend leaving me standing there. So I turned and walked back to the van excited for him.
Friday (the next day) came and again I asked him if he wanted to go and wait for the bell at the park or have me come with him. To my surprise he said he'd find his own way to the class from the park and off he went. Sydney doesn't have kindergarten on Fridays so it was just us girls sitting there in the van. For some reason I couldn't pull out onto the road. I sat there watching him play waiting for the bell to ring and when it did he ran, grabbed his backpack and off he went into the school.
I slowly pulled out of my parking spot and drove home and as I was leaving the school zone I found there was this little hitch in my throat at the thought of my little boy growing up. When did that happen!?
Brayden

No comments:

Post a Comment