Saturday, September 10, 2011

Photo Time Fun

Me and the KidsFor my dad's birthday this year a surprise birthday party had been planned for him. My job was to get him out of the house so that everything could be set up and ready for his return. My sister secretly flew in from Vancouver to surprise him at the party so we had an afternoon of fun planned for my dad. She met us at Moxies surprising him that she was even in town using the excuse that she found a cheap seat sale she just had to take advantage of. If my dad didn't believe it he didn't let on and assumed that was the reason I had been acting a little off my game earlier in the afternoon. After a little time catching up we decided to go play around with our camera's because it's something that all three of us love doing. I got my kids all dressed up cute for his party and told him it was because I wanted them to look amazing for some cute pictures and off we went down to the river bottom. For the most part my kids are easy participants in posing for me but it seems there is always one child that has a different opinion of what we should be doing. As far as going down into the river bottom, they all loved it. Running through the paths and playing with each other, I love watching those moments. It's moments when I can take a step back and watch my kids truly laughing that make me extremely grateful that at least in all the chaos and learning curves we are doing something right.

Kait and BraydMadison

My BoyAfter we spent some time walking around the river bottom we went up to Galt Museum to play around up there. The kids love climbing around on the structures they have set up there on the coulee edge. It was the perfect time of day to be there with the sun lowering in the sky giving off a nice warm glow to everything. They all looked so cute running around in their fancy clothes having fun with each other. Brayden and Sydney were running around climbing on everything and there was little Madison following after them refusing to be left behind trying to climb up with them and keep up with them occasionally tripping on her long dress and bouncing back up to not loose any time.

Playing TogetherPlaying Around

Pure LaughterOff to the side of the Galt Museum they have an old brick wall with windows and you can go there and play around on it. People go there to get their engagement or wedding pictures done sometimes. It's a great setting with the coulee's in the background and the nice contrast with the red brick and green tree's surrounding the museum. I tried to take advantage of it and line up all the kids and get them all to smile at the camera at the same time. Near impossible task. I was able to at least get a few nice and goofy shots of my sister and I with our dad. We ended right on time too! Just long enough so that when we got dad home most of the guests were there to surprise hi when we pulled up.

The KidsDad and His Girls

No comments:

Post a Comment