Friday, October 17, 2008

Happy 4th Birthday Brayden!

So on Thursday Brayden felt he had decided he was a big boy now because he was 4 years old. In his birthday excitment we were all up at 5:30am which is 30 minutes earlier then normal, we usually sleep though the intial call from the roosters. Mom, not so excited to wake up so early! It was a good day and Brayden finally got a much needed haircut just in time for his party the next day!

Brayden's Power Ranger CakeFriday was party day. Again, so excited to have our friends come over we were up at 5:30am, again I was not so excited about this. We decided to invite a couple families from church who Brayden really enjoys playing with. The couple of days before were spent making fondant for the cake and the kids and I making a horrible mess on the floor in our attempt to make a pinata. Brayden decided that he wanted a Power Rangers birthday cake which was a shocker to me since I didn't even have a clue he knew what a Power Ranger was and I had no idea what they were other then fighting characters on TV. I guess it's the begininning of peer influence. So Brayden and I searched the internet for pictures of Power Ranger cakes until he found something that he was excited about. I did the best I could and I figure I've come along way since his first birthday cake of a smeared soccer ball.


The festivities included a treasure hunt, pinata beating, food and cake and the kids took care of the rest playing outside, running after eachother and burning off all the sugar they were eating. We were able to feed the 30ish guests with our assortment of goodies including 200 Lumpia (spring rolls) made a church member for her favorite customer, Ryan.
Cake TimeMore Cake

Unfortunately we don't have too many pictures since most of the party was recorded on video instead of camera but i've rounded up a couple of the kids playing outside. It was kind of a nut house with the 13 primary aged kids and then some of the older kids Brayden really loves but Brayden had a great time and I think Sydney felt the party was just as much for her as it was for Brayden.
Brayden the WarriorSydney and Angel

No comments:

Post a Comment