Thursday, February 17, 2011

ene is N in Spanish

Wow, I didn't really want to lay this out in a unexplained post but I'm going to. We are moving out of the Philippines ... relatively soon. Maybe May? Are we coming home you might ask, no. We have one last pit stop on our way back to Canada, or the States. Focus is opening a new office somewhere in Central America and Ryan will be there to help get it up and stabilized, along with his super fabulous, naturally good looking and amazingly fun family (ahem, me and the kids). We don't know exactly where yet and we don't know exactly when, we just know it's coming and it's coming soon.
So i'll save my thoughts and feelings for another time but in preparation for this move I've started to learn Spanish. Ryan and I have talked about it before when we knew there might be a slightest possibility for a move and we both thought Spanish is a language we would need to learn. I think it's right up there at the top of the lists for most spoken languages in the world along with Chinese and English. So when we found out the chance of us moving was quite high and within months I figured it was time to start.
The kids sit with me and listen and repeat with me what I'm learning. It's cute and annoying at the same time but I figure if they picked up a few things then it would only be beneficial. A few days ago we were at the grocery store and cruising the aisles looking for imported finds when we passed by a group of younger boys from high school. Of course they were being louder then necessary, I figure it just goes with the age? They were jabbering with each other fighting over which chips to buy and share and Brayden was listening and staring as we walked by. After we had passed he grabs my arm and says to me "Mommy, that boy just said ene! That's N in Spanish."
So, he's right, ene is N in Spanish and for a boy who picks up everything ... I wonder what other spanish words and sounds he's cataloged in that brain of his!
Enjoy this cute picture of Brayden when he was about 1 1/2. It's one of my favorites and I look at it and can't help but feel how cute he is and feel this huge love for him and all his talents. He really is one smart kid!
Bike

1 comment:

  1. what an adventure!
    you'll get where ever you are going and those kids of yours will be fluent in spanish before you know it.

    ReplyDelete